Greater London Summer Series (GLOSS) event series is now in full flow:
- Beginners new to orienteering welcome.
- No booking necessary – just turn up.
- GLOSS interclub competition, open to all (including non-members) with optional extension.
- Route with simple navigation for beginners or experienced juniors (‘Yellow’ course).
- Undulating open parkland and woodland.
The results for the series to date are in the Gloss 2014 Results section.
Further information about the GLOSS series in general can be found on the Events page.
The winning club each year carries off the prestigious London Bus Trophy – and it is always a closely fought battle!
|LOK||Trent Country Park||Sun 29th June 2014|
|HH||Whippendell Wood||Sat 5th July 2014|
|MVOC||Nonsuch Park||Sun 13th July 2014|
|SLOW||Ham Lands, Richmond||Sun 20th July 2014|
|DFOK||Lloyd Park||Sun 27th July 2014|
DFOK = Dartford Orienteering Club; HH = Hertfordshire Orienteering Club; LOK = London Orienteering Klubb; MVOC = Mole Valley Orienteering Club; SLOW = South London Orienteers
Results for 2013 events can be found here.
The Park Races are a series of orienteering races in London parks organised by the London clubs. All races are on weekday evenings during the summer and are suitable for beginners. No pre-entry necessary, just turn up. As part of the Park Race series LOK are putting on two events:
- Highgate Wood and Queens Wood – Thursday 7th of August 2014 Details
- Hampstead Heath North – Thursday 14th of August 2014 Details
Holmbury – Sunday 28th September
LOK will be hosting a Level B orienteering event at Holmbury. Details to follow.
Hampstead Heath is now a “MOBO” permanent course. Download the free MOBO app to your smartphone/Ipad (search for MOBO orienteering) and you can see the map on your screen. You will also need a separate app for reading Quick Response (QR) codes (this is a matrix barcode). At each control post, you can scan the QR code, and your punch is uploaded to the MOBO website.