|Venue||The Railway Tavern
15 Liverpool Street London EC2M 7NX
Very close to Liverpool Street Station
OS Grid Ref: TQ330815
|Race Details||1. You have 60 minutes to collect as many points as possible. Using the map provided, find controls in whichever order you like, collecting 10 points for each control starting with a 1, 20 points for each starting with a 2 and so on. If you’re late, the penalty is 30-points per minute (or part minute) late. We will be using the MapRun6 App which you can use on a smart phone or Garmin watch. Please make sure it is preloaded.
2. Download the race from Select Event > UK > London North > StreetO > LOK Liverpool St Feb 2022
3. On the day at the start, the start official will give you the map, clue sheet and event PIN. Press ‘Go To Start’ in the app. When you are ready to start, enter the PIN.
4. Once the app starts the time, find controls in whichever order you like. Your phone should vibrate and beep each time.
5. Make sure you’re back within 60 minutes to avoid a 30-point penalty per minute (or part minute) late.
6. You must report back to the registration desk after you’ve finished, otherwise we’ll have to phone you or your emergency contact.
7. Important note: Do not run past the start/finish (at the pub) partway around your course (unless actually finishing), because the App will assume you’ve finished
|Start Times||18:15 to 19:30|
|Entry and Fees||Please fill in this Google Form in advance.
Complete it by Thursday 3rd February to ensure you get a printed map.
£2 for SLOW and LOK members, students and juniors and £4 for others.
Pay on the night – contactless preferred.
|Aprés Run||The Railway Tavern is a Greene King Pub and serves great food and drinks. You can order via the Greene King App if you prefer.|
|Equipment||Wear hi-visibility clothing and bring a headtorch to make map reading easier. If using the app on your phone, a watch might be useful to keep within the time limit (so that you don’t have to keep checking your phone).|
Orienteering is a competitive running sport with a map : decide the quickest route to reach a series of control points around an event course.
London Orienteering Klubb
LOK draws its members from the north and south side of the River Thames and to the west of the Lea Valley. It competes against other clubs and hosts local and regional races. Our runners are of all ages, from beginners to national standard athletes. New members are most welcome and training can be given. The sport is of Swedish origin, and we have used the Swedish spelling in our name.
Here is a short introductory video: Orienteering with London Orienteering Klubb
January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
LOK Data Protection Policy
LOK have published a Data Protection Policy document which explains how personal data is obtained, used, stored, and deleted as part of the normal operation of the club.
Weekly Thursday Evening Training
Members of the club train on Hampstead Heath every Thursday evening. We run for about an hour. The training is primarily just running but can include some orienteering practice. The training is open to all, including non-members and those new to orienteering or who only want a run – just turn up at the Recreation Club.
Where: Royal Free Hospital Recreation Club (includes changing and shower facilities) in Fleet Road, Hampstead (near corner of Pond Street, London NW3 2QG)
When: 6.30 p.m. for a 6.45 p.m. pr0mpt start, Thursday evenings.