Nearest tube: Belsize Park on the Northern line. Buses: C11, 24, 46, 168, 268 Overground: Hampstead Heath
The entry fee provides you with a specially produced street map showing the control points you need to find, and also inclusion into the Street-O series. You’ll need to bring running gear and your phone with MapRun6 app installed (or Garmin watch with MapRunG set up). A watch will be useful to keep within the time limit (so that you don’t have to keep checking your phone). As it will be dark, please wear hi-visibility clothing and bring a headtorch to make map-reading easier.
Registration Between 1815 and 1915
Start Times Between 1815 and 1930
We’ll be using the same ‘score’ format as previous years, where you have an hour to collect as many points as possible. Using the map provided, find controls in whichever order you like, collecting 10 points for each control starting with a 1, 20 points for each one starting with a 2 and so on. If you’re late, the penalty is 30-points per minute (or part minute) late.
1. If you haven’t already, please install MapRun6 on your phone.
2. Download the race from UK > North London > StreetO > xxx. (This will be updated nearer the race date). If you’d like to run with a Garmin watch instead of your phone, follow these instructions as well.
3. On the day at the start, you’ll be given the map and the unlock code. Press ‘Go To Start’ in the app.
4. Once the app starts the time, find controls in whichever order you like (there should be a beep each time).
5. Make sure you’re back within the hour to avoid a 30-point penalty per minute (or part minute) late. Done!
Important note: Do not run past the start/finish (at the pub) partway around your course (unless actually finishing), because the App will assume you’ve finished and stop your time.
Like all our Street-Os, this a public race – all are welcome. Please fill in the Google Form to minimise admin on-the-day. You’ll just need to pay on the day by contactless or cash.
All competitors take part at their own risk, and because of our insurance any under-16s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you have any questions, email the organiser David Rosen